need help installing liner cap problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
i already have a custom cap (6 flues)
i am installing a liner and don't want the cap that comes with the kit
where can i get the flat collar like piece to fit 6 inch flex pipe without a cap on it?
any sugg?
thanks

Where did you buy the top plate from and what brand is it.

budman said:
Where did you buy the top plate from and what brand is it.
i didn't buy a top plate thats what i want to get without have to buy the whole kit at 500+ bucks
just to buy the liner and collar connect is 350 so i need a plate to to go across the top of the flue and let the liner out without a cap

Do you know what brand of liner you'll be getting? If so, you might see if there is a manufacturer website, with a catalog that can show you the parts, or possibly a "Tech Support" line where you can ask advice. They might or might not be willing to sell to you direct, depends on the company, but certainly if you can get a part number, you can order it through the same outfit you are getting the liner from.

Gooserider

You should just order the top plate and top clamp from the mfg of the liner you got. Stick the liner up through the plate and put the clamp on it to hold it there. Might want a storm collar just for added water protection.

iceman said:
i already have a custom cap (6 flues)
i am installing a liner and don't want the cap that comes with the kit
where can i get the flat collar like piece to fit 6 inch flex pipe without a cap on it?
any sugg?
thanks
Chimneylinerinc.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.