Need Help-Mt Vernon Convection blower trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish001

Oct 20, 2012
Windham, Me
First time post, but would like to say thanks to everyone in advance who offer some help and support.

My Quadra-Fire Mount Vernon (AE) started having some trouble with the convection blower. I came home and noticed that the blower was not working at all; and it did not show any trouble codes. I took the blower apart and blew/cleaned the dust out of it. While I had the blower unplugged, the trouble code "Conv blower jammed" came up. I plugged the blower back in, reset the stove and all worked well for the next day.

A day later, same issue. Stove started and burned fine, but no convection blower. I have eliminated it down to unplugging the connection, allowing the "conv blower jammed" fault code to trip, plugging it back in, then resetting the stove. When I do this the fan works fine until the stove shuts down and wants to start again.

I'm getting 5 VDC to the plug on the low/med settings. I have tried doing searches, but was unsuccessful and do not have enough knowledge on these stoves. I'm very mechanically inclined and would like to save myself the $100-$150 service charge, as well verify the blower is junk before sinking $250 into a new one.

Any thoughts? Is it possible a sensor is telling the fan not to start; or do I need a new blower?

I sent you a private message to help you out. Have you cleaned the blower good recently?

I took it all apart, sprayed the windings down with cleaner, and re-grease the connections. My first thought was a buildup of dust creating a short, but the blower always works fine after the trouble code.

Status
Not open for further replies.