Need help my napolean pellet insert is not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllPro

Dec 16, 2008
Nh
Hi all i wanted to get as much advice as I could I have an insert had it for a month and we lost power and when it was restored my stove will not feed pellets and they will not ignite but the blower works.I have called Napolean and they say call dealer which is out of state.Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you checked the suggested items:
- Hopper lid must be closed.
- Push the "START" switch. If the heater fails to start, unplug the unit.
- Check the manual reset hi limit switch.
- Check that the burn pot is positioned properly.
- Place a jumper wire between the red and white wires that attach to the start switch.
- Replace the power control if this fails.

Also, if the electric shut off during a high burn, the fans would not have continued to run to keep things cool. If the stove heated up to 200 degrees before the pellets went out, maybe the high limit temperature sensor may have tripped.

Thank You I just found the very small out of place switch reset button it worked and I am up and running.To everyone who answered the call Thank You and Merry Christmas

That is great news. Glad to hear your back up and burning again!

Merry Christmas to you also!

Good Job!

Welcome to the board.

Eric

AllPro said:
Thank You I just found the very small out of place switch reset button it worked and I am up and running.To everyone who answered the call Thank You and Merry Christmas
I cannot find that switch either and after reading that you said it was out of the way.....can you give me a clue as to where it is located? Thank you.....

j00fek said:
look inside of the side panels
Hello and thank you for such a fast response....way better than the dealer I bought it from. I have an insert and I think I have found the button....it is stuck so it leads me to believe it is no good. I am considering purchasing a new reset switch and replacing it myself even though the stove is less that 3 months of age. Thank you and I'm going to call around for that part now....

Status
Not open for further replies.