Need Help! New Toy Is Stealing My Attention Away From The Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdeuce

Feeling the Heat
Feb 11, 2008
Western, PA
I find myself staring at my new Davis Pro2 Weather Station consol more than I am my stove. I think my Mansfield is getting a bit jealous... Not a very important thread, but if you enjoy tracking the weather.... Do get one of these things!!

http://www.davisnet.com/weather/products/vantagepro.asp

Attachments

• Weather [].jpg
    Weather [].jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 391
We've had one for a few years now. It's working great. Now we have a sub-unit in the greenhouse that links in with the main center.

BeGreen said:
We've had one for a few years now. It's working great. Now we have a sub-unit in the greenhouse that links in with the main center.

Yeah... Had to by the extra consol for my parents (they are our neighbors) after my dad saw mine. I'm thinking about the module that allows you to track te information on a PC.

I have one too.
I bought the Virtual Weather program that allows you to have graphs
and different indicators on your PC.
What a bunch of geeks.

I have an Oregon Scientific set-up (made, of course, just a few thousand miles west of Oregon). Wireless wind speed/direction, outside temp & humidity & pressure, and all the inside numbers. Rain guage came with it, but I haven't even bothered to mount & calibrate it, because we get so little rain here. The display/controller sits on the kitchen counter, so we get an accurate inside temp of our great room where the Lopi lives, and can check outside conditions while drawing the morning cup o' joe. I'm just not quite geeky enough to load software & feed data to the computer. Not quite. Rick

Have a Davis and like it very much - nice to have weather information that is accurate for our exact location.

Sure wiped out any idea of a wind turbine though - showed it was impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.