Need help on liner install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdga1

Dec 19, 2013
Virginia
I installed a Homesaver Pro liner and tee in my masonry chimney.

I need advice connecting it to my existing Duravent doublewall stovepipe.

Problem? I can slide the duravent pipe over the crimped tee pipe, but it seems cheesy. It very easily slides in and out.

Is there and adaptor to go from that crimped tee to a duravent doublewall pipe? Couldnt find one. I'll try to add a pic or two...

61c581fb093bc63cc201b3880aba7a95.jpgddfce48b38ba841b7339534528fd9881.jpg

There no adaptor. If it's real sloppy you could get some flat stove gasket to put around that crimp then slide your DVL over it. Then you will want to shoot 3 screws through to attach it to the liner.

Pre drill it with an 1/8" bit, then use some 1" Stainless screws.

You also need to seal the gap around the tee snout to the brick. We pack the gap with ceramic wool insulation then mortar over it

Reactions: webby3650
How about high temp furnace cement to pack around the T

How about high temp furnace cement to pack around the T
You will need to pack insulation around it to back the cement up but furnace cement will work. It will be more prone to cracking than what we use but it will work.

You can use a thick rope stove rope gasket also to fill the gap around the T

Status
Not open for further replies.