Need help on my Mount Vernon AE 1st Generation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jethrose

Oct 24, 2013
Seattle, Wa
I have a 1st generation Mt Vernon AE, symtom is as follows: Initial ignition is good, pellets drop, igniter ignites, fire starts, thermocouple senses heat and than instructs feed motor to drop pellets, at this point the feed motor reverses direction and goes in to a feed "Auger Jammed" fault, fire dies down stove self cleans, end of cycle. I Have changed the following parts, 3 auger motors, 2 thermocouples, 1 motor feed sensor, I have talked to all the local guys within 50 miles and seems i know more about this stove then they do, so any help from you guys would be very much appreciated. thanks for your time.

I have a 1st generation Mt Vernon AE, symtom is as follows: Initial ignition is good, pellets drop, igniter ignites, fire starts, thermocouple senses heat and than instructs feed motor to drop pellets, at this point the feed motor reverses direction and goes in to a feed "Auger Jammed" fault, fire dies down stove self cleans, end of cycle. I Have changed the following parts, 3 auger motors, 2 thermocouples, 1 motor feed sensor, I have talked to all the local guys within 50 miles and seems i know more about this stove then they do, so any help from you guys would be very much appreciated. thanks for your time.
Thanks for the reply, the last parts changed were a feed motor and optical switch, still have the same results. after unplugging the stove the auger jam message clears than start up is always the same. the auger rotates clockwise dropping pellets into the pot, fires up and than when the auger should continue to drop pellets it than reverses direction and stops once the auger jams. could this be an issue with the circuit board?,

As a temporary measure can you bypass the optical switch to see if that allows the stove to function properly?

I don't think so, i believe the only time the motor will continue to operate is if the optical sensor is "seeing" the motor turning, but i am not sure about this. any other help would be great, i have unplugged the stove several times and the results are always the same, does anyone know if it could be the circuit board?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.