NEED help on pelet stove placement(not an insert)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmieguns

Dec 10, 2012
Long Island, NY
Can some pros suggest a great spot to install my new pellet for MAX heat spread in the house--note cathedral ceiling,open floor plan and BAD insulation--200 sq ft home (approx)

THANKS! BTW - this is all the same room shot from different angles

r1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpgr4.jpgr5.jpg

Well......... You are going to have to find an area that you can vent this stove. You will have to go out through an outside wall or straight up through the ceiling. It is next to impossible to tell where you can vent it from the photos. Under the stairs looks ok but , Is there a way to get the vent installed properly? It is a nice open area but I think you will have to give up something to get it installed properly. Go online and find out what distances are required in your town. Once you get it installed you will be more comfortable with the stove with those high ceilings.

Once again, do some research and find where you can install it and go from there

Hi Gary - thanks for your reply and ideas.......

Under the stairs makes most sense heat wise,... although most ppl like it cooler in the bdrm's and warmer in their living/relaxing space,... the world is your oyster.

I think your going to want to get a ceiling fan installed to distribute the air a bit better.

you want a spot that is easy to vent and up to code on the inside and outside. those are high ceilings so i am not sure you want to go up and out, though it might be the easiest to do. if you can get a clear run outside, under the stairs would be nice, like Shaw said. or the corner in the living room.

think of outside too. when it vents you have to have clearances to windows, soffits, a/c units, vent hoods and anything that might draw the exhaust back in the house. it will drive you crazy trying to find it, and possibly dangerous, not to mention failed inspection. also take into consideration aesthetics and wind direction, as it can push the exhaust against the siding and stain it.

once you know where you want to put it, then you can think of vent pipe brands, as some offer different solutions to different challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.