Need help - part for older VIW stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge1400

Jan 12, 2016
Nebraska
Hi all,
My uncle, who recently passed away, has in his house a wood stove that says VIW on the door. It has a glass panel in the front, and a door on the right side. I can't find any info about either the wood stove OR the company; the glass panel in the front is cracked and I would like to replace it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah I saw that too. The stove is exactly like the one in the lower left corner of the ad. Can't find any current info on the company, however.

Likely long gone:( I know you can get replacement glass for the wood stoves but since it is a coal burner (and that might be an option), I'll let the wood guys give you some advice on type of glass...

You'll want to replace the glass with a ceramic glass like Neoceram or Robax. Ask at a good local glass shop to see if they have it. If not the glass can be ordered online. www.onedayglass.com is one supplier.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.