Need HELP! Pellet stove installed but having issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jibberishballr

Nov 4, 2010
California
EDIT: the part that broke, once put back in allows the pellets to be fed! (It was called the hopper switch) Can we jb weld the thing back on?

We Still dont know what the part in the second pic is?

Hi I have the Quadra Fire Santa Fe. We installed it according to the instructions, set up the piping, the thermostat, and bought pellets. When installing we accidentally broke a hinge that holds the lid on. I am posting a picture of that piece. Also we have an extra part and a rubber gasket, but cant figure out what it does. I am posting that picture as well. We followed the instructions but the auger isnt making any noise and not feeding the pellets. We tried putting some pellets into the firebox since it wasnt feeding (even after pressing the reset button multiple times) and got fire. We also got a bunch of smoke coming out of the front vents. So now we can't keep a fire going because the pellets aren't being fed, and it smokes a bunch out the front vent. A little bit of smoke comes out the piping as well.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-11-22 at 13.38.jpg
    Photo on 2010-11-22 at 13.38.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 426
  • Photo on 2010-11-22 at 13.37.jpg
    Photo on 2010-11-22 at 13.37.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 433
could you post a pic of where that peice broke off from?

I am sure there are a few Sante Fe owners in here that can lend a word or two.. Good luck

maybe put Sante Fe in the subject line.
so Sante Fe users look at the post.

I think it wont feed because the part in the first pic "i think" has a magnet on it that tell the stove the lid is closed and good to feed pellets. I don't see why JB weld would not work because the pellet hopper should not see much heat.

Meneillys said:
I think it wont feed because the part in the first pic "i think" has a magnet on it that tell the stove the lid is closed and good to feed pellets. I don't see why JB weld would not work because the pellet hopper should not see much heat.

You are correct sir. The magnet was the feeding mechanism. I contacted quadrafire and will get everything i needed replaced. Now the only problem is when its cold at night(20-30 degrees) the stove on "low" will not wake back up, so i am forced to keep it at medium.

Wild Fire said:
The extra piece in the second picture is the cleaning tool for the burn pot. Not sure what else you have going there.

My cleaning tools that I received were flimsy, Chinese made, wood handled putty knives. That looks like some sort of hold down bracket.

Neither my SanteFe or Castile has a switch for the hopper lids and no switch is shown in the schematics that I have for either one. Maybe it's something newly designed into the stoves. Makes sense.

[quote author="jibberishballr" date="1290937630"

You are correct sir. The magnet was the feeding mechanism. I contacted quadrafire and will get everything i needed replaced. Now the only problem is when its cold at night(20-30 degrees) the stove on "low" will not wake back up, so i am forced to keep it at medium.[/quote]

My stoves are very marginal on low as far as maintaining a fire. Without the heat going up the flue to create draft, there is BARELY enough vacuum to close the switch. Try increasing the feed rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.