Need help selecting a pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chimneybrush

Jul 12, 2015
maine
Hello I'm looking for input on a used pellet stove. Located in rural Maine. will have a shop install a hookup through an outside wall. Would be nice to have the stove on hand so they can connect it. i'm looking for something rugged and simple that i don't have to mess with more than once a month during winter, replacement parts available online and serviceable by me or a shop if beyond my ability. i can do basic stuff like clean out, replace a motor or bricks, but electronic stuff not so much.

Pellet stove will be primary heat, run constantly. Have obb and fireplace backup.

We've had a few pellet stoves before. Had a couple Harmans, found a p38 in good shape a few hours away $1400. Also found a Whitfield closer to home for around half.

Here is a pic, anybody know what model this is, would it hold up to constant use as primary heat? 00000_7fipxcrwASo_600x450.jpg

Would consider a quadrafire but don't know much about them. Or another quality stove. Basically in the $1k range give or take a few hundred.

thanks for any advice

Welcome to the site.
Whits have a pretty solid and simple system. Your pictured stove is a Advantage 2. I have a download of the manual and I have the stove. Bought it last year for $500. Most working parts can be had off ebay or from Grainger. The reflector back board can be a pain.

Thanks, I looked up Advantage 2 found a site says with the big front glass it is a 3 or a Plus..?
http://www.whitfield-parts.com/models.html
Guy selling doesn't know, what does one weigh?
before i drive an hour to check it out, would like to know more, thanks

While the whitfield sounded good we found a p38 closer to home for a good deal, went with that as i am familiar with that model, thanks for the help,

Status
Not open for further replies.