Need help... Stihl 025

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
The old timer who owns the lot where I cut all my wood dropped his Stihl 025 and broke the rear handle. I'd like to help him get it repaired, as he was helping me at the time it happened. I'm looking for the following:

1. Illustrated parts list, showing how this thing comes apart / goes together.
2. Anyone got a rear handle assembly for an 021 / 023 / 025 they'd like to sell?

Thanks!

The big aution site is a great resource for used Stihl parts and Arborist is a great site for all things saw, saw repair, and saw mods. Although I spend way more time here and like this site best the Arborist site has great people and I find it nearly as user friendly as Hearth. I go there for second opinions on saw info and there is a lot of crossover from both sites.

Yep... already found a compatable plastic body from an 023 in England, which may be an option, if I can't find something on this continent. ArboristSite is great, but folks don't know me there... figured I'd get better help here!

Then again, maybe I'd be better off where no one knows me. ;lol

Cool... thanks, guys. The owner is an antique car mechanic, so he'll probably want to do the repair himself, but I'll pass all this info on. I already sent him the shop manual that Bret Hart was kind enough to send me, and offered to buy him one of the handles off ebay. His mistake for dropping it (he set it down on the hood of his running tractor, and it vibrated off), but since he was out helping me, I want to help him get it fixed.

This is a great forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.