Need help. Trying to sell some wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lviv

Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2010
Saskatoon SK
Hey guys, new to the site, been lurking for a few weeks. I am trying to get rid of some wood and need some help with a price.
It is majority poplar, but has quite a bit of pine and some birch. about 85% of it is split. probably around 7-8 cords. have 4 stacks that are 18-20' long, and 5 1/2-6' high.
Logs are cut anywhere from 16-20". My dad and I are moving from our acreage into a bigger acreage and he doesn't want to take the logs with us, but he said I can try and sell it
since I hauled it out of the bushes, loaded the truck, unloaded and stacked the logs. I have put an ad on Kijiji, have some interest, but don't know what a good price for the logs are.
Also there is very few people selling logs on Kijiji in my city, so it's hard to find a fair price.

I posted 3 pics so you can get the idea.
7731f40_20.jpg

8686k24_20.jpg

720485e_20.jpg

Not sure what a cord goes for in your area. That looks like nice wood, maybe not what some would burn but still nice. I would try to get $100.00 at the least. The reason I would only pay $100.00 is that most of it needs to be processed and it has been uncovered on the top for who knows how long. Also the random length and I would have to load it up and make 4-5 trips. So I would say you might get $400.00 - $600.00 for the whole deal...

I figure 4 stacks, each 19 feet long, 5.5 ft high, and 18 inches wide is under 5 cords: 19x5.5x1.5x4 = 627 cubic feet / 128 cubic feet per cord = 4.9 cords. I don' t know what a cord of softwood goes for in your are. $150 per cord? just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.