need help with a winslow PI40 pellet stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom p.

Nov 26, 2016
massachusetts
hi all , hopefully i can get some help , my winslow PI40 failed on me , it was flashing a code for fire snap , got the part in , and turned it on , code lights are gone , but i dont hear any of the blowers on , combustion or convection blowers , just hear the auger , any ideas?

Which of the three snap discs did you replace? Proof of fire snap? There is also a blower snap disc. Have you confirmed whether that is still functional. Check the Over temp snap has not been triggered? Usually the over temp snap would not allow the auger to turn. I would also check your vacuum switch wiring connections (tubing connection also) as it appears the proof of fire is feed off the same line.

Remember to unplug while working in the cabinet....

Which of the three snap discs did you replace? Proof of fire snap? There is also a blower snap disc. Have you confirmed whether that is still functional. Check the Over temp snap has not been triggered? Usually the over temp snap would not allow the auger to turn. I would also check your vacuum switch wiring connections (tubing connection also) as it appears the proof of fire is feed off the same line.

Remember to unplug while working in the cabinet....
the auger is working , but the blowers arent , and its not flashing any codes , kinda has me baffled , fire snap , and there was another on the convection blower that has a reset button in the middle of it , i replaced both of those , where would the 3rd one be?

page 25, wiring shows 3 snap discs. May have to follow the wires... Are you sure you replaced the correct snap? Can do temporary by-pass to troubleshoot the snap discs but do not run with bypasses in place.
http://matchless.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Len-Winslow-PI40IICO.pdf

How old is the stove? Only owner or was it purchased used? On a surge protector?

Last edited:
ok , got the blower situation fixed , one last question , i hope , turn it on , it starts , but the ignighter stays flashing , even after its lit ,then it stops feeding pellets , and ready light stays lit red and ignighter flashes 2 quick flashes repeatedly , my guess is proof of fire snap ? you know the only snap i didnt replace yet lol

Sounds like you got that figured out ... proof of fire snap! You're getting there;) The manual says you can clean it but likely better to replace. While you have the insert pulled out, have you cleaned the exhaust pathways and venting? Good to get a fresh start all the way around!

cleaned out , ohh yeah , thank you for all the help , hopefully they have it in stock and i can try it tonight , i will let ya know, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.