Need help with breckwell door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinjun

Jan 16, 2007
Hi. I have a Vermont Cast and I relaced what I thought was the correct size rope for the door and noticed a huge gap between the left side of the door at the seal and the stove where the seal is supposed to seat?..The door pin holders are adjustable so I moved them in as far as they go and still no seal. The rope that I took out sat partly in the grove/ channel and mostly out but I can't get the same seating.

Isn't the door gasket supposed to seal tight all the way around..( i'm sure that this is a dumb question..?)
I thought the spec was for 5/8 rope but either I am seating it wrong or it needs to be much larger rope?

You would save me if you can help.

Thanks

sinjun said:
......I thought the spec was for 5/8 rope but either I am seating it wrong or it needs to be much larger rope?........

What does the parts list in the owners manual say?

All I can see is a Breckwell part number. C G 050...I read here somwhere that it was 5/8 but it does't look that way now.

Remove the door (it lifts off) and turn in the 2 door posts equal amounts and put the door back on. This should reslove the probelm of the gap, you can also remove washers on the door latch to adjust that side

Status
Not open for further replies.