Need help with Huskee 22ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonNeutral

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2009
Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
A rivet holding my engine speed linkage broke on my Huskee. That's fine - I can replace that with a bolt. However, I can't seem to find how to get the governor spring in the right place. Hoping someone can take the top cover off and snap a picture of how their linkage is connected.

Thanks.

Here are two pics - first you can see my repaired pivot.

Ck0WL.png

And here's spring and governor linkage:

me161.png

If I put the left end around the loop and the right in the small hole, the spring is too tight and the engine will not shut off. If I use the small hole and the end of the link, then it shuts off, but there's not enough tension for the engine to run at full speed.

Okay, fixed it. It was supposed to connect to the loop, then the big hole. That part must have been bent to the wrong place when the rivet broke - who knows. Bent it back seems fine:

ylQ04.png

When I get home I'll try to remember to take a pic of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.