Need help with low clearance stove/liner connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireberd350

Sep 7, 2014
pa
Just sat my new stove in to get a clear picture of what connection options I had and I not happy with the results.

Here's an extremely accurate artistic representation of my situation (/sarcasm)
photo_sep_27_10_18_54_am.jpg

Close up photos
photo_sep_27_10_01_19_am.jpg

photo_sep_27_10_02_14_am.jpg

photo_sep_27_10_05_55_am.jpg

photo_sep_27_10_06_13_am.jpg

To complicate things, I'm planning using a Rigid Oval Dura-Vent Duraliner system - http://www.woodstovepro.com/store/pdf/DuraVent-DuraLiner.pdf

The dura-vent stove connections are all screw down on top of the stove which seems weird to me for a freestanding stove with a finished top.

Any help/recommendation welcome.

TIA.
-steve

It looks cozy in there. Would a stainless 30 deg elbow off the stove fit? That would set the angle for attaching the liner.

Reactions: Ashful
Begreen beat me to it, but why not just put a 30 or 45 degree elbow on the stove , and then liner from there?

Pretty much like my 30-NC install. This is what I did.

elbow.jpg

yes you will need an elbow and you will probably need to cut out the damper frame but even then it looks tight good luck

I don't believe I have the height clearance for an elbow. I'm going to take my cutting wheel to the damper frame and see if if can get an extra .5".

Status
Not open for further replies.