Need help with picking first wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice that the dealer is willing to work with you on this and is being candid. If it were me I would probably take him up on the offer, but I'm an experimenter and like testing stoves. Still, the 12 in blue-black enamel is a real beauty and a more known performer. Tough choice.

i have an isle royale the stove is easy to run and the stove is a heating animal! beautiful stove as well !

i have an isle royale the stove is easy to run and the stove is a heating animal! beautiful stove as well !
I went to look at it at a large dealer in Des Moines, they didn't have one on the floor and they only seemed interested in selling what they had in stock. I would've ordered one, but I just couldn't get myself to trust these guys for some reason for future service or repairs. As for the Progress Hybrid, I called Woodstock and talked to a gentleman about the stove, but it came down to a 1 year warranty and installers would make minimal money on it and would probably not help me out after installation. My Lopi dealer called me to come in Wednesday when the rep was in and he answered all my ridiculous questions. He said just don't have the expectations for it to heat 4000 sf, which I don't. I have the Cape Cod being installed on Feb 7th with blower kit. Picked up some tile today, so time to cut a hole in the carpet and drag out all my tiling tools I swore I'd never break out again.

Reactions: jeff_t
I went to look at it at a large dealer in Des Moines, they didn't have one on the floor and they only seemed interested in selling what they had in stock. I would've ordered one, but I just couldn't get myself to trust these guys for some reason for future service or repairs. As for the Progress Hybrid, I called Woodstock and talked to a gentleman about the stove, but it came down to a 1 year warranty and installers have would make minimal money on it and would probably not help me out after installation. My Lopi dealer called me to come in Wednesday when the rep was in and he answered all my ridiculous questions. He said just don't have the expectations for it to heat 4000 sf, which I don't. I have the Cape Cod being installed on Feb 7th with blower kit. Picked up some tile today, so time to cut a hole in the carpet and drag out all my tiling tools I swore I'd never break out again.

If you're going to have the stove professionally installed by the dealer, I agree that it's important to establish the trust factor. I had my ups and downs with my
Isle Royale first installation, but the guys made things right so I trusted them enough to move the stove for a second installation when we bought a different house.
That went smoothly, and again, they earned my trust.

Good luck on your Cape Cod install. I hope things go well. It's a great looking stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.