Need help with pre-fab fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatwise

Feeling the Heat
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
Posting this here hoping to get help with a couple issues. I have a martin prefab fireplace.

I am installing refractory panels and floor, just noticed a vent on the left side for outside air. This was completely covered by original panels. When installing the new panels, should I drill small holes to let the outside air in. This is a wood burning fireplace, not a gas unit. Would it be possible to use high heat engine paint 2,000 degree to paint the floor, would there be any fire hazard issues?

For new panels on the back and side. I am installing them so that there is a tight and snug miter corner. The old panels had a little play. Is it important for to be tight or should there be a little bit play?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.