Need help with squire insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmount83

Dec 3, 2015
Nc
I'm trying to install secondary burn to my squire insert. I have drilled a hole on the side and at the top of the stove. I installed a 3/4" black steel pipe at the top front of the stove with holes drilled downwards. I have a valve on the outside of the stove to control the air flow. I'm not getting any secondary burn. My stove might not be air tight so not sure if that's the problem. Any help would be great. Thanks

generally speaking most epa stoves achieve secondary burn by drawing air in and heating it up before it comes out the tube / baffle. if you're just drawing in room temp air and dumping it in you might be cooling the fire box.

also (this is not meant to be insulting in anyway shape or form) stove manufacturers put a lot of time and effort into engineering and testing their designs i'd get a newer stove with secondary technology before i would try to mod an existing older stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.