Need help with stove controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigW

Nov 21, 2014
Idaho
Just purchased a home with a pellet stove. This will be my first experience with a pellet stove and I'm looking forward to using it. The stove appears to be an older style unit. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate a manufacturer's tag on the stove and it appears to have a simple manual control system. A simple on/off switch and two dials. One dial is labeled % On and the 2nd dial is labeled % Off. Both dials go from 0% to 100%. Please see picture attached. Any information on these controls would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20141116_155150654.jpg
    IMG_20141116_155150654.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 128
Crap that could be a very old stove. Get a picture up of the stove and someone should be able to id the stove. I know the controls control the auger.

My guess would be that the dials control the auger. % ON controls how long it spins and % OFF controls how long it pauses. The draft fan probably runs at a constant speed with a manual damper?

Sir I will try to help.Those controls are not from any stove maker,unless asmall out of buissniss company.Take pictures of your stove,inside and out,all sides,and someone here can help you.

I timed my auger earlier this morning. It might not be real exact but it should help you get your stove dialed into the same ball park...
I have 9 preset heat range settings. Time on and time off were measured in seconds.

heat range....time on......time off

Or I'm wrong about how your stove operates and this is completely useless information ;lol

The Pellefier had the same auger control. That was the 2nd freestanding pellet stove. Had major burn back problems trying to bottom feed a pot.

I timed my auger earlier this morning. It might not be real exact but it should help you get your stove dialed into the same ball park...
I have 9 preset heat range settings. Time on and time off were measured in seconds.

heat range....time on......time off

Or I'm wrong about how your stove operates and this is completely useless information ;lol
Thats odd as heck... i got the old board like you do with 9 settings, im on 6 right now...My auger runs for 9 seconds or so and takes a 10 second pause.

That does seem like a pretty big difference. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I have the newest board they put on the 6039.
I just cranked it back up to 6 to double check. 2 on 2 off. I reset the control board to make sure I didn't monkey the presets out of wack and forget about it, 2 on 2 off. Those are the factory settings.

Reactions: mustangwagz
Status
Not open for further replies.