Need ideas for hearth and wall behind stoves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIrtyJersey

Feb 17, 2014
Southern New Jersey
Hello all, after searching around on here. I'm sure I'll get flamed. Please, show a pic of your hearths and walls behind your stoves. I would like to see your work. I was very impressed by Nector Nooks's post the other day. I'm thinking some sort of slate and cultured stone. But open to all ideas.

Thanks,
John

Hello all, after searching around on here. I'm sure I'll get flamed. Please, show a pic of your hearths and walls behind your stoves. I would like to see your work. I was very impressed by Nector Nooks's post the other day. I'm thinking some sort of slate and cultured stone. But open to all ideas.

Thanks,
John
Also checkout Houzz.com

Here is one I did for my in-laws. It was with the leftovers from my fireplace.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 356
Very nice Webby3650! Begreen Didn't know we had one. Will check it out. Thanks fro the other link as well>

This is what I have in my family room. The stone was existing but I redid all the flooring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 269
This is what I have in my family room. The stone was existing but I redid all the flooring.
Nice, I see the SBI pipe there. Do you side load in spite of it being a corner install?

Nice, I see the SBI pipe there. Do you side load in spite of it being a corner install?
Yes, I love the side door!
The chimney was already here when we bought the place and its not centered in the corner, but I didn't think it was bad enough to bother with elbows. It comes right out of the hip on the roof, since they don't make a hip flashing I had to make one. The previous owner had some stuff rigged up and it leaked.

In my living room I just built a hearth and did nothing on the walls. Sometimes I like the simple look of just drywall behind the stove. It can really keep cost down. If you keep proper clearances, stone on the wall is cosmetic only.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.