Need info on Sears wood heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan200

Feb 15, 2016
north Georgia
I recently acquired a "Sears Air-Tight Wood Heater", model no. 143.841540 (per label on back). It's heavy (300+ lbs). It has not been used much. I got it out of house built in the mid-1980s.

IMAG0460s.jpg

I've searched for info about it, but only found a diagram and parts list on the SearsPartsDirect.com web site. I discovered there is also a blower assembly for it (which I don't have). The blower body and motor are no longer available (bummer).

The owners manual is no longer available. Does anyone know where I could get a pdf file of it?

Part of the label has been ripped away. There is a nearly-unreadable seal on the label with the year 1940 on it, but this stove does not look that old.

Can anyone tell me a bit about this stove? Years built? Max btu? Wood size? Anything interesting? Warnings? Advice?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

As a Fischer stove knock-off most of what you find in our Fischer stove forum will apply.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/fisher-stove-information-parts-history-and-more.28/

Thank you. It looks like I may have the Mama Bear knock-off, though I can't seem to download the manual for the "Bear Series VI ; UL listed single door stoves ( copyright 1980 ) later cathedral door".

I am very new to all this. Trying to learn. Did Fisher make this Sears-branded stove or did Sears make a copy or just contract someone else to make a copy?

Lots of people copied the Fisher stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.