Need info on this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's a Bennington, the handle on the bottom left isn't in the pics I'm seeing. I looked at one last year when I bought my Mansfield. I think new it was around 2700$.

That looks like the Bennington. I don't have any experience with it other than reading mixed reviews and mention of it being one of their more labor intense stoves to put together. I think the price is fair from what I see up for sale from this line of stoves in the used market.

Hergom Collectionview entire collection
BENNINGTON
WOOD
Heats up to: 2,200 sq. ft.
Burn Time: Up to 10 hours
Heat Life: Up to 12 hours
Size: 70,000 BTUs
EPA Rating: 3.5 grams per hour
Efficiency: 76%
Maximum Log Length: 23"
View this stove in a room

Bennington

DescriptionFeaturesPhotosSpecsFinishesAccessoriesDocuments
Description
The largest of our cast iron woodstoves, the Bennington generates an impressive 70,000 BTUs when fully loaded, able to heat areas of up to 2,200 square feet. With an exclusive double-wall cast iron frame and built-in rear heat shield, the Bennington’s huge firebox actually serves as a convection chamber that allows air to circulate within, and then return, thoroughly warmed, into the room. The Bennington's Non-catalytic combustion system creates more heat with less wood. And, with both front and side doors, loading the Bennington is simple. A large, self-cleaning window means you can relax and enjoy the flames for hours.

I think the previous post are correct. I copied and pasted the description. Form their website.

It is a nice stove, but with a flue connector at 32" why are you looking at it?

What BG says. Haven't looked at your other posts but if you are venting into a fireplace you will run into what I did with the Bennington. Flue collar is too high to do it in my 32' inch high fireplace.

Hated that. I really wanted to give that stove a go.

I didn't see anywhere that he wanted to install in a fireplace.

What BG says. Haven't looked at your other posts but if you are venting into a fireplace you will run into what I did with the Bennington. Flue collar is too high to do it in my 32' inch high fireplace.

Hated that. I really wanted to give that stove a go.

Interesting, hearthstone has it listed at 29¹/². Regardless I believe the OP is at 27½ max.

Then ya gotten turn the six inch pipe south into a fireplace with an elbow that is gonna be at least ten inches high. Maybe I am missing something here?

Or the thing I had to look at. No way to get in there and do the connection in that tight of a space if you shove the stove back in there.

Reactions: Dairyman
I don't remember the details but I looked at it six ways from Sunday in 2006. I wanted that stove bad and the dealer wanted to get rid of it just as bad. And it would not work.

And it drove me to the 30-NC and I am glad it didn't work out.

I think you came out on top, I would hate to use the benninton as a front loader.

Docs show it at 32" at the top of the rear exit flue collar. 29 is the centerline I would guess.

Thanks for the input on that one fellas. I guess its to high of an exit for where I need to place it. Its getting colder out and push is coming to shove and I think its between these two stoves.
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/3331704746.html
http://muskegon.craigslist.org/hsh/3300289193.html

What would you guys do? Whats gonna burn longer? Im kinda leaning towards the hearthstone only because of the glass window but its not a deal breaker.
I believe the Woodstock is a later model (catalytic) and more efficient wood stove. The Hearthstone looks to be a pretty old (secondary burn I think) unit but I could be wrong.. Woodstock has good customer service and will stock parts if you need them..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.