need insert with narrow surround replacing my propane fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffresources

Mar 3, 2014
sw missouri
Anybody have any recommendations...I am trying to replace my lennox propane fireplace with a pellet insert BUT
without tearing out the mantel, sheet rock, etc. I need a pellet stove insert with a surround width of 39 1/2 (slightly less) or smaller

Most of the major manufacturers have a width of 40" or more which will not work without a major tear down.

Height, depth and the actual width needed for the unit is not important but the width of the existing propane fireplace is 39 1/2< "

Anybody out there have any suggestions or have a reliable stove recommendation that the surround width is 39 1/2 to 39 1/4 or less.

Thanks in advance

I was similarly stressed about trying to fit my Sante Fe in my little fireplace. The installer had a piece of heavy gauge steel cut to fit around the stove and inside wood. He then bent a smaller piece of thinner gauge metal above the stove to serve as a service opening. Also, he bent two vertical pieces to match the removable access doors that came with the stove. Have a look at what I ended up with. Hopefully, it's clear enough. Basically, you just make your own surround. No big deal.

Sante fe.jpg

Depending on what you want to spend. I would look at the specs for the ENGLANDER , 55-SHP25EPI . think it would fit your space jus

Depending on what you want to spend. I would look at the specs for the ENGLANDER , 55-SHP25EPI . think it would fit your space just perfect. check at Englander,com .

My point was that you should not restrict yourself to a stove simply because the SURROUND doesn't fit your needs. If the stove fits, you like it, and it will fulfill your heating needs, then get it and make a surround that fits. The stove is doing the work, not the surround! It's just there to cover up the hole. You could even make it out of cement board and tile it! Ohhhhhhh,,,,,, hmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.