Need Instll help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barrybryan1

Nov 5, 2010
Northern Pa
I am in the process of installing an EKO 40 with two 500 gallon propane tank water storage in my basement. I'm lookinfg for insturctions on how to proceed. I noticed in some of the postings a reference to "Simplest Pressurized Storage" in the "Stickies at the top of the form. I am having trouble understanding what a "sticky" is and how to access it. I don't see anything at the top of the form that resembles "Sticky"

Also, my EKO 40 did not come with a UL sticker. Is it possible to get it UL certified and if not, how do you aquire insurance?

Buck from Bradford, Pa

barrybryan1 said:
I am in the process of installing an EKO 40 with two 500 gallon propane tank water storage in my basement. I'm lookinfg for insturctions on how to proceed. I noticed in some of the postings a reference to "Simplest Pressurized Storage" in the "Stickies at the top of the form. I am having trouble understanding what a "sticky" is and how to access it. I don't see anything at the top of the form that resembles "Sticky"

Also, my EKO 40 did not come with a UL sticker. Is it possible to get it UL certified and if not, how do you aquire insurance?

Buck from Bradford, Pa
Buck; Just because a boiler has a UL sticker does not mean it was UL tested. The manufacturer sends 1 or a few boilers to UL for testing & then they slap stickers on all of them without testing them. Your best bet is to contact a EKO dealer or distributor with hopes that the newer ones have gone through UL testing. If they will give you a statement that your boiler is the same as ones that passed UL you would hopefully be OK with insurance. Your boiler also meets other certifications(CE, TUV , CSA ?) & these may be OK for some ins co's also, Randy

The current EKO manual has the following statement on the first page:

Often copied but never duplicated

UL/CSA approved by Omni-Test Laboratories, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.