Need manual for Taiwan Fita model 5229

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmills

Oct 29, 2010
Colorado
Friends in Denver "gave" us a Tiawan Fita model 5229 for our cabin we are building. We are in a county that will inspect the installation (Huerfano County, Colorado). I need to find an owner's manual for clearances, etc. Haven't been able to locate one using search engines. Can anyone here help with this. Thanks. Don.

PFS Corporation in Madison, Wisconsin did the UL testing on those things a long time ago. You might check with them and see if they have anything on them.

http://www.pfscorporation.com/

My guess is that this is going to be a really tough one. I have never heard of that brand or model - and being in the biz for 30+ years, I have seen or heard mention of most.......probably was brought in by a big box store and sold exclusively by them, etc.

Sorry!

the more we think about it, I think we are going to go with a new stove. Too many unanswered questions. thanks for the responses.

DonMills said:
the more we think about it, I think we are going to go with a new stove. Too many unanswered questions. thanks for the responses.

save that one for a fishhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.