Need new bar for a Homelite Saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericofmaine

Feeling the Heat
Feb 8, 2012
Southern Maine
Hello all,

I have an old Homelite saw (I think around 30 years old) that I need to get a new bar for as the wheel at the end of the original bar grenaded. I've been to my local Homelite dealer whom was no help as the saw was too old for them to assist with. I've also been working with Oregon but to no avail.

As near as I can tell, it is a Super Mini VI. The label is Homelite-Terry. Textron. The lot number is T8055 and the serial number is 104964.

While it's old, it is a good running saw and one I'd like to be able to use for stumping, close to the ground, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to get pictures uploaded.

Thanks,

Eric

Attachments

• 20130407_210527.jpg
    20130407_210527.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 20130407_210409.jpg
    20130407_210409.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 234
Swing by a saaw shop.
The may be able to fit it with a workable bar.
Other parts may be able to be modified or "made work" ;)

Sometime though, just taking up space in the shop.
Hard to thow away but useless(recycle material). I have lots of that "stuff" LOL;lol

I'm getting better at throwing stuff away.
Threw away 2 worn out chains & a bent worn bar 2 months ago. (was tough though) ;)

Go here and see if you can match up your saw:
http://www.baileysonline.com/barselector.asp
Thanks everyone for the help so far. I should clarify that it isn't the serial number, but the UT number that is the 104964. It appears that, after doing some further research, that I can use a bar for a Super EZ. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks again,

Eric

I personally can't confirm. Maybe take a bunch of measurements of the mount and see if you can get somebody at a dealer, or baileys or somewhere to check against the super EZ bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.