Need New Ceramic Baffle for a Heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my rookie year 2010-2011, I damaged the baffle trying to ram pieces that didn't fit and scraping my baffle with the poker. 2011-2012 and 2012-2013, the baffle first developed cracks and now is two pieces sitting atop the burn tubes. Where do I get a new baffle from? Any internet dealers you trust that can make the replacement simple?

I know I'm not burning as efficiently because of this crack sending flames straight up to the pipe.

I ordered mine from Tom Oyen, a member here, and owner of the chimney sweep stove shop in WA.

http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/

He was able to drop ship it to my home and everything went well. He is a trusted vendor. Plus a cool website with lots of info.

Don't get fancy, an OEM replacement is fine.

Do I have to take the top stones out in order to do this as in the video? I surely hope not

No. The replacement is easy peasy through the front door. You should be removing it yearly to sweep if your chimney is vertical.

Very easy.

No. The replacement is easy peasy through the front door. You should be removing it yearly to sweep if your chimney is vertical.

Very easy.

My old one is going to come out very easy. It's already split into 2 pieces. :(

It is ridiculously easy. You just unattach the cotter pins or wire (whichever you have holding the baffle to the tubes) and then take it out. It's just setting there. Put the new one in and twist the wires to hold it to the tube. It's like putting a pie in the refrigerator.

Reactions: firecracker_77
It is ridiculously easy. You just unattach the cotter pins or wire (whichever you have holding the baffle to the tubes) and then take it out. It's just setting there. Put the new one in and twist the wires to hold it to the tube. It's like putting a pie in the refrigerator.

I like that front end loader in your profile pic. That has to make moving wood easy!!!

Do you know of a video to show removal?

Watch the video again! They only took the stones out for clarity. You snip off the cotter pins, push up the back end and tilt the whole thing down between the tubes. Installation in reverse, angle up and through, rotate and drop into place, twist the wires around the middle tube and you're done. I did mine to clean the flue.

I like that front end loader in your profile pic. That has to make moving wood easy!!!

I wish I had some pics on this computer. I've been loading broken concrete with it all week. I can only fit 4 750# bucket loads into the F350 before the suspension on the truck bottoms out. Hand placing concrete into a lowered bucket saves me from lifting each chunk waist high into the pickup.

When moving wood with it, I stack a single row of wood way higher than the top lip of the bucket and have to start and stop smoothly to keep the stack from tipping over.

Status
Not open for further replies.