need new idea for ash vac

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
last year I used my shop vac, left it outside w/a long hose to the stove when needed, pulled the hose in & went at it, that vac crapped the bed, this year i have been using a modified sheetrock vac set up were I have a seperare bucket 1/2 filled w/ water & the ash goes through that & just air hits the vaccum. I am not digging that too much, the clean up of the bucket is a real chore.
so, whta are others using?
I bought a lowes 5.5hp 15 gal vaccum for xmas, I really do not want the ash to get into the house.

STANG32 said:
last year I used my shop vac, left it outside w/a long hose to the stove when needed, pulled the hose in & went at it, that vac crapped the bed, this year i have been using a modified sheetrock vac set up were I have a seperare bucket 1/2 filled w/ water & the ash goes through that & just air hits the vaccum. I am not digging that too much, the clean up of the bucket is a real chore.
so, whta are others using?
I bought a lowes 5.5hp 15 gal vaccum for xmas, I really do not want the ash to get into the house.

Pop a HEPA filter on that baby and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.