Need oak info on Enviro Omega

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
I bought this second hand. It's hardly been used. I believe it is a 2007 model. I went to install the oak yesterday and found that there is no OAK! The flange is there but no hole (see pic). I was just wondering if any other Omega owners had encountered this. I really need to know where its getting the combustion air from now? I can put a hole where that flange is ,thats no problem, but if I do that I definitely want to block off where ever it's pulling air from now and I can't see where that is.

Attachments

• WP_20160109_13_08_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160109_13_08_41_Pro.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Not very familiar with the Omega but I'd seem to think that is where it is pulling the air from even if there is no OAK hooked up. Do you have a manual for the stove? If so look in there. If not go to Enviro's site and download one or look here. On my Harmans if an OAK is not hooked up I know they would pull air into where the Oak is supposed to get hooked up. That said you are likely pulling inside air in.

Looks like it never got cut out at the factory. What does the stove look like in the firebox? I wondering if it hardly got used because it never ran right.

The manuals I have don't show a path for the air intake. They just show that flange. The stove seems to run ok. It throws about the same amount of heat as my Cumberland, maybe a little more. The flame looks ok. I had to trim the feed down all the way, it was dumping a lot of embers in the ash pan. I really don't see where its pulling air in at. The door gaskets are really loose and I'm beginning to think it's pulling all the air in through there. I know my house has a nice nor eastern breeze running through it right now. I really don't see how people can run a stove in a loose house with out a OAK. I gotta figure something out soon or I'm just gonna stick the Cumberland back in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.