need OAK...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a quote of $247 for my Harman insert. $122 for the kit from the stove to the mounting frame and the rest for the piping and dryer vent to the outside. labor through 18" brick not included. That said I'm still looking for a better price.

Lowe's has aluminum flex pipe and a vent for the exterior. The vent is all metal with a hood and metal screen. You may have to fabricate a flange or connector where the hose attaches to your stove. About $15 for the exterior vent and $8 for the flex pipe. Make sure your vent has 1/4" or smaller grating inside to keep out critters or large debris.

Try this, it worked for me. Go to an auto parts store and look in the Exhaust pipe area. You should be able to find 2 inch and larger Flexible exhaust piping. I paid around $20 for a 6 ft. section. To adapt to a larger size many adapters are made. Painted all mine with black stove paint. For the outdoor screen I found a 2 inch plastic drain strainer at Home Depot. $2 and fit perfectly inside the end of the pipe.

Wooden Head said:
Try this, it worked for me. Go to an auto parts store and look in the Exhaust pipe area. You should be able to find 2 inch and larger Flexible exhaust piping. I paid around $20 for a 6 ft. section. To adapt to a larger size many adapters are made. Painted all mine with black stove paint. For the outdoor screen I found a 2 inch plastic drain strainer at Home Depot. $2 and fit perfectly inside the end of the pipe.

Better yet, when at the auto parts store ask for Carburetor Pre-Heater hose. For my Jamestown I used some PVC with screening connected to Carburetor Pre-Heater hose for my OAK. Cheaper than OAK and the black pre-heater hose needed no painting.

For my Harmon Accentra, I bought a piece of 2 3/8 flex from my dealer that fits INTO the stub on the back of the stove. I cut a hole in the damper block off slightly larger then the pipe. Cut an x in a piece of insulation and push the x portions inside the hole. Slide the pipe up into the insulation and let it hang behind the metal docking plate and bend it towards the stove. Slide the stove in as far as you can and still reach the hose. Insert the pipe into the stub on the back of the stove and slide the stove in the rest of the way. Worked for me. $10 . Up top on the block off plate, 2" pvc. up 2" to a 90. over 2" to a 90 small piece of window screen to keep out the critters, and down 4" to keep the rain out. Done $20. Have pics if needed. Send email and Ill get them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.