need old portrait shaped fireplace insert for small living room.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machodrone

Oct 25, 2006
i have one of those old fireplaces that are taller than wide and very shallow.
if i remember the dimensions were 17"w x 26"h x 17"d

our house and interior walls are solid stone (yes the walls between rooms)
rooms are small

if we sell the house i want the fireplace to be an asset.

natural gas is not available.
propane insert is not a choice.
i do not want a decorative electric heater.

i installed a nice hearth woodburner, but my wife is terribly allergic to the little bit of dust.
this hot stove takes up valuable space protruding into the living room and requires quite a few feet of buffer for comfort.

i'm hoping for a true pellet or coal pellet insert.
i searched for weeks a couple years ago and failed miserably. do any of you know of one off the top of your head?

thanks!

vanasdale said:
i installed a nice hearth woodburner, but my wife is terribly allergic to the little bit of dust.

Coal and wood pellets produce dust also.
Something you need to think about considering
your above statement.

when i say little bit of dust it's relevant to me.
i do find scooping out ashes with a hand shovel very dusty.

my woodburner has no ashtray. i spent weeks finding one low enough to the floor with a rear flu to fit into my firebox.

wouldn't pellets or coal pellets produce a fraction of the dust from my woodburner?
there would be an ashtray, typically?

Status
Not open for further replies.