Need opinion on my flue !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill C

Nov 27, 2014
North Central Arkansas
I am getting ready to replace my old Earth stove which is a catalytic . My home has a 8" masonry flue located on outer wall. My old stove is a 6" outlet. Been using this setup for many years without any draft problems.
I been considering the blaze king princess, a lopi liberty, buck 85, and englander 30 as a replacement.
I'm concerned that the new stoves will draft different than my old dinosaur. The flue is 18-19 ft . I burn all seasoned oak, hickory...
Need some feed back and opinions .. Also any input on the above stoves will be appreciated as well.

It may work ok with a new stove. I would try it. Worst case you will need to drop a 6" stainless liner to improve draft, but maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.