Need Opinion on my Stove Connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2014
Eden, NY
Need some thoughts on my stove connection - Do you think I should leave the vertical connector or should I try the 15 degree elbow? It was a huge pain to get everything lined up and it is also a very tight area to work in. I know the connection doesn't sit perfectly flush in the collar but I'm pretty confident it is a tight fit. I had a test fire the other night and there were no signs of leaks at the connection. Let me know what you think.

thanks guys!

Attachments

• WP_20161025_05_23_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161025_05_23_22_Pro.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 105
I'd be ok with that connection assuming you have stainless screws securing it to the flue collar.

Where the insulation is shown around the liner (sticking out of the block off plate), could I wrap some gasket rope around that area just to prevent insulation from sticking out?

Why do you want to wrap a piece of gasket around the insulation? Just to secure the frayed end of the insulation a bit? That would be fine imo, but not nescessary.

The connection looks decent to me as long as it's secured with stainless screws to the stove collar and enough liner is in the adapter.

Why do you want to wrap a piece of gasket around the insulation? Just to secure the frayed end of the insulation a bit? That would be fine imo, but not nescessary.

The connection looks decent to me as long as it's secured with stainless screws to the stove collar and enough liner is in the adapter.
Yeah you're probably correct - I doubt it is necessary - just thought it would hold back any insulation from falling out.

i'll throw some stainless screws in - thanks!

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea. I'd try and do it so it tidied the end right up if I was going to do it. It would make the. Install a little 'cleaner' looking for whoever may ever look up there. Stainless screws in the stove collar and make sure that ring clamp is good and snug.

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea. I'd try and do it so it tidied the end right up if I was going to do it. It would make the. Install a little 'cleaner' looking for whoever may ever look up there. Stainless screws in the stove collar and make sure that ring clamp is good and snug.

The connection to the collar is very tight - there is no wiggle to it but I will still secure it with some screws to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.