need Rear heat shield 1980 Vigilant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrob

Aug 28, 2010
Southern NH
Anyone know where to buy a rear heat shield for a 1980 vermont castings Vigilant?
I restored the stove but, can't find a shield. Thanks!

I don't know where.... there is a couple sites that sell old stove parts. If it was me I would make one finding one for and old stove if hard to do and $$$ make a templet out of card board and find a hvac shop and see if they can do it at a reasonable cost. The rest it up to u to get a little crafty go to a stove shop and check out the heat shields on the new stoves for reference..... hope that helps

Ditto, Port Sheet Metal in Newburyport, MA on Rt 1. The can probably bend one up for you if you give them something to work with. If it is flat with some bends, it should be no problem. If the original was stamped with all sorts of jogs, might be a problem.

heatshield for new vigilants should fit the old one.

I am currently restoring a 1983 Vigilant. I can make a template of the rear and bottom shield if you still need it. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.