Need recommendations for cabin rental in Eastern PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyFerret

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2007
Delaware, Ohio
Hi Everyone!
My wife and I are planning a joint vacation with our friends from France in August.

We will be traveling to New York City to meet up with them and we will all spend a couple days together with my sister in the city. Then we are going to rent a cabin for the remainder of the week.

The thought is that if we rent a cabin in Eastern Pennsylvania, my wife and I will be heading the right direction from NYC to shorten our trip home to Central Ohio. Also, we will be close enough to that our friends will be able to get back to NYC to fly home to France easily.

We have tried searching on-line, but we are finding it very difficult to pick the right place. I'm hoping that a few recommendations might help us narrow down our search quickly.

We are looking at someplace family friendly. Our friends have two children, 5 and 3, and my wife and I have our 7 month old son (who will be 11 months by the time we take the trip).

We also want to find a place where there are some fun things to do in the area for day trips so that we don't spend the entire time at the cabin. I'd love it if there was some place to do some fishing near by.

Do any of you live in Eastern Pennsylvania, or have spent time there to be able to recommend some places that we should take a look at?

Thanks in advance for helping!
-SF

Seems weird, but I know a friend got a great place on ebay when she stayed in TN. Check the local Craigslist too. We have a lot of cabin rentals in our area, and I see many listed on CL

I can't recommend anyplace specific but the Pocono Mt ,Delaware water gap, East Stroudsburg area is beautiful and close to NYC.

90 minutes from NYC...
http://www.800poconos.com/

Lots of info on that site.
Don't even click on Sunny Rest Lodge it definitely ain't what your looking for!;lol;lol<>

When you find something I'd be interested in hearing about it-we're just over the river in NJ and would like to get over to PA more for that type of thing.

I have to confirm with my wife, but I think we found a place. She was going to book it today, if the one we want is still available.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.