Need replacement bricks for an Earth Stove BV4000C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgacfox

Feb 18, 2007
Hello:
I own an Earth Stove BV4000C, which I have had for about 3 years now. There are a couple of bricks in the back that have broken and I need to replace them. They are the long skinny ones. I cannot find anywhere online to do this. I bought the stove from a hot tub dealer in my area and it seems that Lennox no longer carries the wood burning inserts. Does anyone know where I can get replacement bricks? Thanks.

There are dozens of dealers advertising that insert on the Internet and Lennox still shows it as a current model on their web site. Contact these guys and see what they say.

http://www.nwdinc.com/parts/index.html

Hey cgacfox,

How do you like your stove?

I bought one last fall, and this is my first winter with it.

I would really value your 3 year review on the stove!

I can measure the rear bricks in my own stove if that would help you.

cgacfox said:
Hello:
I own an Earth Stove BV4000C, which I have had for about 3 years now. There are a couple of bricks in the back that have broken and I need to replace them. They are the long skinny ones. I cannot find anywhere online to do this. I bought the stove from a hot tub dealer in my area and it seems that Lennox no longer carries the wood burning inserts. Does anyone know where I can get replacement bricks? Thanks.

Thanks BrotherBart. I have scoured the internet trying to find someone who sells replacement parts for the insert and have found none. I will give this one a try though. I even contacted Lennox and they said to contact the place where I bought it. I did and they can't help me either since Lennox no longer sells it. If you go to the Lennox site, all they sell now are gas and pellet inserts. This is the link to their site - http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/list.asp?mcatid=2.

Hi ozarkjeep - I love my insert. I was not sure when we first bought it but my husband grew up with an Earth Stove insert and swore by it. It runs beautifully and heats the house quite well. In fact our family room gets to the point where I can't stand being in it sometimes because it gets really hot. This year it has come in handy with the lovely weather we have been having in Colorado. Lots of snow here. The first year we burned nothing but oak in it but now we are turning to other wood sources as the free oak that we had access to is no longer available. I just had the chimney cleaned a couple of months ago and was told that since we burn other woods it is recommended to clean the chimney every year. The last time it was cleaned was when we had the insert installed.

If you could measure the bricks in the back that are long and thin, it would help me or even look on your owner's manual (can't find mine at the moment) because it lists the part numbers for the different bricks. Thanks.

thanks for the info!

The story my local dealertold me was, that once Lennox took over, they basically dropped and stopped serviceing and stoped carrying parts for Earth Stoves.

now they only care about the gas and pellet lines they carry.

many websites out there, ZERO actual dealer support now.

here is the manual in PDF format, that brick is 9x1 with a notch in it.
it will be hard to find Ill bet, possibly cut one to fit, or 'cast' one out of concrete.

http://www.stovesandspas.com/pdf/BV4000C.pdf

What is the age of your combustor unit?

does it still work well?

cgacfox said:
Hi ozarkjeep - I love my insert. I was not sure when we first bought it but my husband grew up with an Earth Stove insert and swore by it. It runs beautifully and heats the house quite well. In fact our family room gets to the point where I can't stand being in it sometimes because it gets really hot. This year it has come in handy with the lovely weather we have been having in Colorado. Lots of snow here. The first year we burned nothing but oak in it but now we are turning to other wood sources as the free oak that we had access to is no longer available. I just had the chimney cleaned a couple of months ago and was told that since we burn other woods it is recommended to clean the chimney every year. The last time it was cleaned was when we had the insert installed.

If you could measure the bricks in the back that are long and thin, it would help me or even look on your owner's manual (can't find mine at the moment) because it lists the part numbers for the different bricks. Thanks.

Well, I found a site that was listed on this forum for a new converter. The one we have now should probably be replaced. However, a new one will cost $275...OUCH!!! But then again, the cost of gas for heating is high so I guess it is worth it. We might just pick up 2 of them to have on reserve if you know what I mean.

As far as the brick, we have been burning without the little one and it seems to be fine but the chimney guy said to replace it as soon as we could. I'll see if the link that was left for me works as far as getting replacement bricks. I might even be able to get a converter that is made for my insert. I don't have the link on me now for the converters but if you do a search on cat converters in this forum, you should find the link.

Thanks for the owners manual as well.

there are a couple of sources for the cat combustors for these stoves, Ill likely try the newer technology stovecombustors.com unit when the time comes, mine works for now, just not sure exactly how a NEW unit woudl work for comparison.

After looking at the owners manual, I think ive got my bricks in the wrong spots!

Ive got the side bricks up above that ledge in the rear.
hmmm, or maybe im just missing the side bricks.

Ive got NOTHING on the sides, only the bottom and back.

maybe I need some bricks too!

cgacfox said:
Well, I found a site that was listed on this forum for a new converter. The one we have now should probably be replaced. However, a new one will cost $275...OUCH!!! But then again, the cost of gas for heating is high so I guess it is worth it. We might just pick up 2 of them to have on reserve if you know what I mean.

As far as the brick, we have been burning without the little one and it seems to be fine but the chimney guy said to replace it as soon as we could. I'll see if the link that was left for me works as far as getting replacement bricks. I might even be able to get a converter that is made for my insert. I don't have the link on me now for the converters but if you do a search on cat converters in this forum, you should find the link.

Thanks for the owners manual as well.

cgacfox said:
Thanks BrotherBart. I have scoured the internet trying to find someone who sells replacement parts for the insert and have found none. I will give this one a try though. I even contacted Lennox and they said to contact the place where I bought it. I did and they can't help me either since Lennox no longer sells it. If you go to the Lennox site, all they sell now are gas and pellet inserts. This is the link to their site - http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/list.asp?mcatid=2.

Really strange. Because this site still shows them:

http://www.lennoxhearthproduct.com/index.html

Lennox as a stove company appears to be a mess. Our local shop dropped them altogether this year.

they havent updated that website, and our local earth stove store dropped Lennox too.

They said at first the price on parts went sky high, and then they just stopped supporting them completely.

it appears that Lennox simply bought up the competition to shut it down.

BrotherBart said:
cgacfox said:

Really strange. Because this site still shows them:

http://www.lennoxhearthproduct.com/index.html

Lennox as a stove company appears to be a mess. Our local shop dropped them altogether this year.

Last season a guy passed through the forum looking for a brick set for his Lennox cast iron stove. Seems they wanted eight hundred bucks for the bricks!

Hey Everybody,
I am a new member, and an owner of a BV4000C. I am looking for anyone that has knowledge on this unit. I have had mine for about 3-4 years. And I downloaded the owner's manual, but are there more instructions or pictures in detail on these units? My dampner lever is broken, and I am not sure that I have a catalyst filter? Hmm Questions, questions, questions... Other wise the thing is awesome... I do burn a lot of wood, wonder if it has to do with the catalyst part? Any help is a ppreciated.. Thanks

what part of this damper lever is broke?

also a pic of my combustor to see what part you are missing.

Phariff said:
Hey Everybody,
I am a new member, and an owner of a BV4000C. I am looking for anyone that has knowledge on this unit. I have had mine for about 3-4 years. And I downloaded the owner's manual, but are there more instructions or pictures in detail on these units? My dampner lever is broken, and I am not sure that I have a catalyst filter? Hmm Questions, questions, questions... Other wise the thing is awesome... I do burn a lot of wood, wonder if it has to do with the catalyst part? Any help is a ppreciated.. Thanks

Attachments

• damper-1.jpg
    damper-1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 432
  • damper-2.jpg
    damper-2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 462
  • combustor.jpg
    combustor.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 406
Status
Not open for further replies.