Need rollers under my stove for claning on hardwood floor= pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

berg

Feb 18, 2012
utah
So I am going to build a non combustible base for my stove and would like to attach some kind of

roller system under the base so I can move the stove for claning- refinishing the floor and be able

to have at least a 1/2- 3/4" space under to air blast out cob webbs a or fines etc.

Any suggestions as to something that wont indent and mar my white oak hardwood yet take th weight of 400+ lbs?

Attachments

• bosca 1a.jpg
    bosca 1a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 265
So I am going to build a non combustible base for my stove and would like to attach some kind of

roller system under the base so I can move the stove for claning- refinishing the floor and be able

to have at least a 1/2- 3/4" space under to air blast out cob webbs a or fines etc.

Any suggestions as to something that wont indent and mar my white oak hardwood yet take th weight of 400+ lbs?

I think wheels,(a.k.a. casters) would mark most floors. Rubber wheels might leave a black mark. If you made legs and put plastic appliance moving pads under the legs, it would probably work better. I have them under my refrigerator and I can slide it with one hand.

I use pipes of anywhere from 1"diameter to 2" but im on a cement floor.My stove weighs over 500LBs i guess you could use pipes and lay down a piece of vinyl or short carpet to protect a wood floor.

Put Furniture slider pads under it and leave them there.

What I did was to take a piece of carpet ( left over from doing stairs to man cave) cut it out to the shape of the cast iron stove pad that Harman has for the Accentra . I placed the carpet side facing the floor and the backing to the stove, it slides on my hardwood floor no scratches. The carpet is for high traffic areas like you would find in an office a tight weave. In the pic you can see the light colored area on the right side of the pad is the carpet
IMG_0800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.