need saw buying advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguably the best $300 you could spend on a saw to do what you describe.

0321151009.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe for those who can't afford Stihl.

The MS362 (036 Pro, if buying used) is, and always has been, the best 60cc saw on the market.

This is simply an opinion. The Husky and Stihl prices are very similar and it really just breaks down to personal preference. I know people who love Stihl, and people who love Husky. It's an argument not worth having.

I agree. the difference is the 365 is 8yrs old and the the 450 is under a year.

Age of the saw really means very little if it's been well treated.

Maybe for those who can't afford Stihl.

The MS362 (036 Pro, if buying used) is, and always has been, the best 60cc saw on the market.

I would debate that, there are a couple other saws in the 60CC range that offer comparable performance and I own an 036 Pro. The 357XP and Dolmar 6400 come to mind as they are in that range. However it is far more likely to find a used 036 than the others.

I had to saw something i broke my bar adjuster tab today lol. It was my own stupid fault though i got the saw stuck because i wasn't paying attention then i tried to yank it out and snapped the tab off of the adjuster. It was a pretty heavy metal piece not the saws fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.