Need Shorter Telescoping Stove Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnIt13

Minister of Fire
Jun 10, 2010
Central MA
Getting a telescoping stove pipe is pretty simple....except I can't get one short enough for my setup!

I have Selkirk MetalBest 6" double wall stove pipe. I'd like to remove my straight section and install a telescoping section to make stove pipe removal and cleaning easier.

The problem is that my straight section is 34". The Selkirk Metalbest DSP telescoping pipe is for 38-38".

Is there a way to go straight of my NC30 with another brand telescoping pipe and adapt to the existing Selkirk DSP pipe?

Thanks!

Yep...I've already got that installed. Its not really a telescoping piece as it is an adjustable height stovepipe. You adjust it once and its permanent. It galls up and gunks up and the finishing ring makes it permanent. I'd have to destroy it to adjust it by now.

I just wish there was a 24-48" version of the one they already sell. Or a way to adapt someone elses.

That is classified as an adjustable length. If it scratches and the damage is visible when you adjust it
back into position, simply touch up the paint.

Yea that is adjustable piece you attach bottom like regular pipe slip it up until top put screws in middle to hold it at that height then ring covers the ugly edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.