Need Some advice for a novice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psulion

Nov 13, 2007
NJ
I am pricing some new wood stove inserts for my home. I have two prices: a Quadra Fire 4100 installed for $4600 or a Regency I3100 for $2989 (just for the insert) and 1600 for installation and chimney liner which brings me to about $4600. The Regency is a bigger stove heats 1800-3000 sqft. with the Quadra Fire heating up to 2000sqft. My home is about 1800 sqft. My question is which stove is of better quality/performance and also would the 4100 be sufficeint to heat my home or is it pushing it? The good thing about the quad is that I can finance it for free over the year. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My home is a ranch with the outside of the fireplace being in the Garage. Full masonary fireplace. Thanks!!

Thanks for the response. The BTU's are more for the Regency as time goes on up to the 10 hour Burn time with a total of about 8,000 more BTU's for a medium wood. Two other questions have come to mind: Should I get a catalytic or non-catalytic stove. Seems to me the difference is a catalytic requires more maintenance. Is there advanatage of one over the other? The other question is would the Regency Stove be too big for my home? I have seen some articles saying to be sure not to oversize the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.