need some advice on my chimmey installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
hey guy's , I will be on vacation in about two weeks and plan on installing my class a chimmey system. I purchased a super vent thur -the- wall- kit, I was going over the instructions and getting a general idea how everything should go, but there is one thing i quite don't understand. When you cut your hole out for the thimble and place the prefab thimble in the hole how far must the class a pipe extend into the room, I was reading my instructions and if i understand it right it was saying that the pipe should extend 3inches into the room, does this sound right? I 'am worried it will look funny having a three inches of stainless pipe connected to my black stove pipe. help me out guy's maybe there is something i don't understand here.

read the manual, should tell you how far to leave it out, based on double or single wall pipe... as far as the stainless goes,, get alittle stove paint and paint it black. should be a can in the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.