need some help for a newbie please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

truckster

Jun 24, 2014
Downeast, Maine
I need some help steering me in the right direction for a decent furnace to heat a greenhouse in early spring and fall. The heat loss calculation says I need 132,000 btu to heat the whole greenhouse. I would like to have one that I could load say 10pm and run to 6am. In reading some info on the forums, I see that multi fuel like the wood/coal combos don't really work that well. I can't seem to find any info from furnace users on the web. I am planning on going with a120,000 btu unit, I will hang a divider to cut down the square footage area so the furnace can handle what is left. Does anybody have any ideas? Is the Blaze King VC120 an option? My budget is limited to max $6000

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.