Need Some Help Here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeS

Feeling the Heat
Jan 25, 2008
Maryland
Went to do a complete cleaning of the stove this morning and was a bit taken back when I went to vacuum the baffle plate and it was wet! So was the inside of burn pot!

Well 2 hours later after getting everything cleaned-up I went to use the leaf blower and hardly any soot came out, guess that is wet as well!

It is almost 70 degrees here today and raining, my stove is on a southern wall. All I can assume is that the warm moist air came through the exhaust and into the stove. I have not had this happen before (that I know of).

Should I let it dry on its own or run the stove for short time and then use the leaf blower?

Stove is an insert with a very short straight run outside so I can see how this might happen.

Nothing external is wet only the firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.