Need some help with a splitter cradle.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny chaos

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2008
Rochester,ny
That thread is going on in the Gear Section which I'm denied access so I'll post a reply here.
Splitter cradles save a lot of time and effort but do cost $$ if you diy or not.
All we ever used was a temporary table made up of a few rounds and/or splits.

Thanks-
Kenny

Good point Kenny. The answer to a problem seldom has to involve much money.
Kenny-
P.S. I don't why your access to different sections is so screwed up.

kenny chaos said:
I don't why your access to different sections is so screwed up.

It's undoubtedly a conspiracy but I can handle it. Of course many do not believe...........
Kenny

Adult beverages perhaps? :lol: :lol: :coolgrin:

GAMMA RAY said:
Adult beverages perhaps? :lol: :lol: :coolgrin:

Umm, no.

Thanks for the reply's but please, let's not detract from my post.
I'd hope a mod could take my original post and insert it into the thread in the Gear section
and delete the rest of this.
Wasting time and/money on a cradle is something those who do not have to burn firewood can afford,
the others are stupid.
Bottoms Up-
Kenny

I have no idea why you are blocked. PM webmaster to clear up this issue Kenny.

Are there really simple splitter cradles for sale? I've always just made them. Moving to the woodshed where there are plenty of homegrown examples. Though maybe it's better to lay off the homegrown, at least with a saw in hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.