need some help with england stove work 25-pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cb550chopper

Nov 26, 2012
i bought a england stove works 25-pdv, it was purchesed new in 2010, but heres where it get tricky, it is not 1 touch light it is not digital, and the mfg date on the stove is 12/95, now it was purchesed in 2010 from home depot, i dont understand. is the stove a 95? is there any give aways that it is that old it looks new, but has no new features i need some help, also i need a value round about its in a house where the owner past and there trying to get a value, thinking it was a 2010 $900 seemed fair since the reciept was for 2200 but idk if its the right stove for the paper work. im confused on how they bought a 15 year old stove new

also it only holds 40 pounds of pellets

It's possible they had the stove in a warehouse and forgot about it, and just recently put it out for sale, although that would be weird. Did it say anywhere on the sales tag or receipt that it was a re-furbished or a used unit? Was it clean inside when you bought it, and no signs of it ever been run?

My suggestion is to give Englander a call w/ the serial #....they'll be able to tell you when it was made and any history (if it was sent back to them for repairs, etc.).

Bottom line, if it really was made in '95, it won't have the modern controls. You might want to post some pics here of the control panel, inside the firebox, etc.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter when it was sold, the value will go back to the year it was built. A stove that was made in '95 (18 yrs ago) won't be worth what you think.

i got it for 400 with chimney and hearth i think its ok, and now the story has changed they say it "could" be a refurbished it looks like it was never used but it definitly has the old features but for the money i think i did ok

i got it for 400 with chimney and hearth i think its ok, and now the story has changed they say it "could" be a refurbished it looks like it was never used but it definitly has the old features but for the money i think i did ok
Did you get the owners manual with it? If not, a call to Englander should take care of that. As I mentioned above, give them the serial # and they should be able to shed some light on the stove's history.

If the date on the Warnock Hersey tag says 95? Then it's a 95.

I have a 96 model.

Is it analog controls (dials?)? Also, is there any Brass n the front?

Does it have 6 heat exchange tubes ??

its analog controls, it has brass around window and the vents, it is a 95 stove, from what ive found out now there all pretty sure it was purchused as a reman from building 19 its a surplus store, it works ok, it might be my pellets, i bought 4 bags from home depot and it doesnt seem to be throwing heat like it did before, im not sure what he was using for pellets, i think next im going to try atomic pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.