Need some help with XXV combustion blower - not your average story

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john193

Minister of Fire
Jan 11, 2010
Southeast PA
Back about a year ago when we first got our Harman XXV I had suspected that there was a leak somewhere in the exhaust system. I applied heat resistant silicone to the areas that I suspected, and one of my areas of suspicion was the combustion blower. So I took the blower off (removed the 3 nuts, turned it counter-clockwise) and applied a little bit of the silicone on the metal and reinstalled the blower.

As you may have already guessed, the blower is now essentially welded onto the housing. I cannot remove it. Any suggestions on how I can fix my stupidity?

Thanks

Torch? Carefully warm it up and grab some heat resistent gloves. Don't get it too hot you'll cook the motor!

I don't know what your stove looks like inside but you can cut through form-a-gasket and RTV by sliding a (thin as necessary) guitar string or piano wire or whatever thin wire you can find between the two assemblies and using it like a knife.

Checkthisout said:
I don't know what your stove looks like inside but you can cut through form-a-gasket and RTV by sliding a (thin as necessary) guitar string or piano wire or whatever thin wire you can find between the two assemblies and using it like a knife.

Thanks for the great idea. Used some fishing line and it worked with some pullin and tugging. The stupid thing is off!

Status
Not open for further replies.