Need Stihl 042 input.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joat717

Oct 30, 2009
Northern Indiana
I am considering the purchase of a used stihl 042 with a 24 inch bar and was wondering what everyone tinks of this saw. I'm currently out of work so i'm cutting lots of wood on top of what i plan to use this year to try and make some money. i'm currently using a dolmar 120 with an 18 inch bar. I cut mainly hard woods and have benn cutting on a 24-26 inch diameter red oak that was brought down in last winters storms. i believe the price is right for this saw it is well used but in good running cutting condition. Thanks for any info. Jack

Thats a pretty old saw parts are hard to get,and to run it on a daily bases going to be hard!

Did you see that on Craigslist, if its the same one I saw it looks really clean but looks arent everything. Old saw hard to find parts that are worth it.

yep on craigs list i can relate to the old saw parts problem i'm dealing with that right now with finding the rubber vibration dampners for my dolmar 120 found some on ebay but the auction has over three days left

The handle looked worn on it.

225.00 way to much for that saw its not old enough to be a collector and to old to be a work saw

Joat where are you at in northern IN?

Not really that northern I live aroond the markle bluffton area now.

i will keep an eye out for a good deal on a saw for you, what are your requirements?

I'd just like to have a reputable name saw around 50cc probably 18 inch bar or so. i'm pretty mechanical so one that needs a lil tlc. thanks i appreciate the extra eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.