Need to Buy Firewood -Westchester, NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarad

Nov 15, 2011
Westchester, NY
Does anyone have a recommendation for reasonably priced cords that will deliver to Westchester, NY near Connecticut? I've priced firewood in the area and it is very expensive. Thanks

Does anyone have a recommendation for reasonably priced cords that will deliver to Westchester, NY near Connecticut? I've priced firewood in the area and it is very expensive. Thanks
I bought form this guy in the spring. I was pretty happy with him. The wood wasn't completely seasoned, and he didn't claim it was. But it was pretty good. I thought his prices and the amount he delivered were fair. I'm trying to do my own wood for next year, but if I didn't I would call him again. He was much more responsive earlier this year; I haven't heard from him lately but you should give him a try.

Matt - 914-263-6633

If you look on Craigslist, there are a few others. My first year I bought from Ed the woodsplitter on Craigslist. He's a nice guy but the cords he delivers are a little short IMO. Also not cheap, and getting more expensive as the year progresses. He is reliable and responsive, though. If that were my only option, I'd probably go with Bio Bricks.

https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mat/5221016752.html

Also, did you look into this one? It caught my eye and might be near you (hopefully not rotten since he side covered the wood for some reason): https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/grd/5250366577.html

There are a few other sellers on Craigslist for around $200 to $225 per cord. I think that's a pretty good price for this area, but I have no experience with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.