Need to finish the sheetrock and put in the mantle and trim but we have first light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
Here is the first light of the stove. I want to run it for 2 weeks in various conditions before I seal it up from the inside. I have built in a removable panel/door on the outsde of the house but it is water tight now and I have opening it. This way I have access to all the venting and can touble shoot anything. In two weeks we Rock and by Thanksgiving the mantle and paint will be on. Then I have to paint the room..... Ughhhhh. Well at least the nasty wallpaper is gone.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC_0321.jpg
    DSC_0321.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0324.jpg
    DSC_0324.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC_0328.jpg
    DSC_0328.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC_0330.jpg
    DSC_0330.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC_0373.jpg
    DSC_0373.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC_0386.jpg
    DSC_0386.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 490
Good luck and it looks great! You picked an excellent stove that will bring you many happy days of burning pellets!

Looks great Tricky......can't wait to see pics of everything done, and the fire roaring.

Oh, btw, I'm sure many on the forum would love to see your set-up for the outdoor access to the pipes, rear of stove, etc. Great idea!

Happy burning...enjoy the heat!

.....really nice job rick..... will make your room a different place to enjoy.... can't wait to see the nice paint job too....cc :cheese: (I love painting too..... not!)

CanadaClinker said:
.....really nice job rick..... will make your room a different place to enjoy.... can't wait to see the nice paint job too....cc :cheese: (I love painting too..... not!)

I third that....hate painting! %-P

Trickyrick,

What a nice neat professional looking job.

Please be sure to update when the mantle and PAINT are done.

Should have many years of enjoyment.

Ranger

very nice, Well thought out too.

I hate to paint too. My other half loves to paint. I just do the prep and set things up. But I do have to do all the cutting. Then its off to a nice dinner, With the money we saved!

Can't wait to see it all finished with the mantle installed.

What are you burning for pellets?

jay

Tell you what Macman, I need to do a couple things outside anyway and this "door" wouldn't be a bad thing to test... now with the siding up. I'll pull it off the wall this weekend and get som picks including How I sealed it. ( used an old seal from one of the doors on my Ranger bassboat)

Outstanding work!

Steve

Looks like a great install.
Hope you enjoy the warmth from the stove. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.